Monday 16 May 2011

Exciting times.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. In other words . . . . . . not to cast aspersions on the writing skills of one Mr. Dickens . . . . it was like most times.
Fluctuations, ups and downs, this past week and the time ahead has been/will be very exciting for a number of reasons.
This blog was always set up to be a back up, somewhere to come to with the writing that I didn't want to overwhelm Flickfeast but every blogger knows that once a blog begins it gets what it wants. Which is why I am here at the back of one in the morning writing a little apology to myself (or, rather, my blog) for having abandoned it for a while and having to abandon it for a while longer.
The past week or so has seen me attend the awesomeness that is Dead By Dawn, lose a laptop to a dangerous PC virus caused by . . . . . . my own temper and a dodgy wi-fi connection and then gain a shiny new laptop from my lovely lady. I've also seen some great films (Insidious being a doozy) and tried to chill out. Because in two days I go to Southern France and I don't want to watch any movies or be online. I am forcing myself to have a proper holiday and, for the first time in a long time, feel that I really deserve it.
The new job is going very well (there's one person rubbing me up the wrong way but there always is, right) and in a few weeks it will be time for the Edinburgh International Film Festival. That means a busy busy time for me and a load more movies.
In the minor bad news stakes - anyone who was enjoying Resonance (hiya April) probably won't see it continuing for a while longer than I expected. Two reasons. 1) The self-imposed holiday and return to an overburdened workload. 2) The noted I had worked on for the next section were on the dead laptop.
But this is not the end . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . it's a hiatus.
Cheers
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment